Latest UK Student Visa Requirements – Point Based System (Tier-4/General):
01. All Old & New Passport(s) Original / Photocopies
02. CNIC Copy
03. Visa App Form /online (Be very very careful in filling out the online VAF)
04. All Academics Documents Original + Photocopies Attested from I.B.C.C / H.E.C (in Pak)
05. IELTS from British Council (UKBA based only)
06. Bank Statement worth Rs. 2, 000,000/-. Approx
07. CAS LETTER from UK university/college (Deposit £5,000 To £15,000) (Refundable)
08. Health surcharge payment £200 / online (Refundable) (www.oanda.com)
09. Tuberculosis Certificate from IOM (Rs. 7,500 in cash) / Validity six months
10. Non Refundable Visa Application Fee in Pak Rs. via credit card / debit cards
11 FedEx Appointment / Online after online submission of VAF and Health Surcharge.
Please Note: All documents must be submitted at least 6 weeks prior to the date of session begins.
STUDENT VISA INTERVIEW OR TIER-4 STUDENT VISA INTERVIEW NOW COMPULSORY FOR ALL PAKISTANI TIER-4 VISA APPLICANTS AS OF 06/04/2012
UK TIER-4 VISA INTERVIEW PREPARATION. A VERY IMPORTANT THING THAT TIER-4 VISA APPLICANTS & THEIR CONSULTANTS OFTEN IGNORE.
There was a time when claiming 40 points in total for a Tier-4 visa applicants was regarded a key to an absolute assurance for their visa. But now even if you have got 40 points does not mean that your student visa is assured. Always remember that more than anything to begin with … a visa interview now a days holds an utmost importance and 50% of your case is assessed by the visa officer through your detailed interview preparation in determining the fact as to whether a student is really genuine or not and that is why they take your interview not once but twice via Skype at FedEx .
At an interview which would take place immediately via Skype after the submission of documents at Gerry’s FedEx ; the visa officer can be expected to ask as many as 10-15 of 25 different typical questions in order to check as to whether the applicant appearing for interview does have a capability and the knowledge of English language, the course research, the college research, the CAS letter details, the finances and many other factors. the interview can last from 7-15 minutes or may be more subject to the discretion of the visa officer.
Rest assured that the interview would be taken by the British visa officer stationed either at BHC or Sheffield UK therefore one should have a full command & capability not only to understand but also immediately and specifically answer the questions asked in a British accent. so once you have applied for tier-4 visa application at FedEx; start preparing or brace yourself for an interview via Skype at Gerry’s FedEx UK Visa Centre.
Since qualifying an interview is now regarded compulsory requirement for all Pakistani Tier-4 Applicants after April 06, 2012 for UK Student Visa therefore …
EURO EDUCATION CONSULTANTS THE PIONEERS OF STUDENT VISA INTERVIEW PREPARATION OFFER:
Free on-line telephonic interview test in a British Accent to check your capabilities. So call us to check yourself how much well-prepared you are for a visa interview at BHC Islamabad. Note that the Mock Interview test calls would only be taken from 02:00pm through 03:00pm Monday through Friday.
Only those candidates who are about to submit their Tier-4 visa applications at Gerry’s FedEx Visa Centers should call us.
“You have claimed 30 points of your CAS. However this office has not been able to verify your educational documents. The UKBA Guidance states (page 47 of Tier – 4 policy guidance 04/2010) that if we cannot verify that the document is either genuine or false, we would then ignore it as evidence for scoring points. However in this case, I am satisfied that there were reasonable doubts about the authenticity of the educational certificates and therefore verification was required. I am therefore not satisfied that you achieved 30 points under Appendix A and meet the requirements for entry clearance as a Tier – 4 general student. I therefore refuse your application under paragraph 245 ZV (b) of the immigration rules.”
POINTS REQUIRED: 30
POINTS AWARDED: 0 (Zero)
REMEDY FOR THE ABOVE MENTIONED DILEMMA:
The best possible way to tackle and avoid such type of irrelevant, baseless, comments / tactics, by the visa officers, at BHC Islamabad / Abu Dhabi, leading ultimately to a visa refusal is to have your SSC / HSC Mark-sheets and Certificates/ Diplomas attested / verified by IBCC (Intermediate Board Chairman Committee) and your Degrees (Bachelor / Masters / M-Phil / PhD ) attested / verified by HEC (Higher Education Commission Islamabad) before you submit your original testimonials to FedEx along with your UK Visa Application with other documents.
Please note that any attestation by Ministry of Foreign Affairs Government of Pakistan would not be enough at all in order to avoid the above mentioned scenario.
BEWARE ABOUT THE FAKE CAS LETTERS WITHOUT ADMISSION CONFIRMATION.
We strongly recommend that you make an inquiry from your college on the basis of which you have got the CAS letter and very luckily even got the visa to UK. Unfortunately most of the colleges in UK does not have an online CAS verification system as they used to have before. Even though the candidates seeking to study in UK must verify their CAS letters before applying for a visa to UK. Please do not leave the choice up to your consultant for verification but do it on your own or through any THIRD PARTY.
For more information about applying to study under Tier 4 of the points-based system, see the Studying in the UK section of the UK Border Agency website http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/infs/inf29pbsstudent
BEWARE: APPLICANTS APPLYING FOR STUDENT VISA TO UK ARE STRICTLY ADVISED & SUGGESTED TO BE VERY CAREFUL IN FILLING-OUT BOTH TIER-4 VISA APPLICATION & ASSESSMENT FORMS BECAUSE OF VERY TEDIOUS, & TECHNICAL LANGUAGE USED BY UKBA EXPERTS IN THERE AS FAILING TO DO SO MAY RESULT IN REFUSAL OF THEIR UK STUDENT VISA APPLICATION(S).
Given below are the main requirements. (As of April 06, 2012)
- There are 40 points in total to qualify for the Applicant for UK visa, out of which 30 points are allocated for Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) in UK and 10 points are allocated for Maintenance.
- A CAS Letter from UKBA Tier-4 Certified Colleges/Universities in UK. click here (Opens only with Adobe Acrobat Reader)
- Deposit is mandatory for CAS Letter depending upon the requirement by the each Education Provider on individual basis.
- Minimum requirement of Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC) from Pakistan for students applying for undergraduate courses in most of the colleges in UK. All original testimonials needed by British High Commission in Islamabad / UK Embassy in Abu Dhabi UAE.
NO PROVISIONAL EDUCATIONAL CERTIFICATES ARE ACCEPTED AT ALL BY UKBA.
- Personal / Parent’s Funds such as:
Computerized bank statement with at least 28 days or more confirming the held fund for maintenance plus any outstanding balance after deposit that is equivalent amount in Pak Rupees in balance as required to stay & study in UK to cover at least nine months of accommodation (GBP 9,000 within London Borough or GBP 7,200 outside London Borough or other cities) plus initially one year of tuition fee no matter if your course is of 4 years in duration.
No Saving Certificates, Bonds or Financial Securities are accepted
- At least one year valid passport with visa application form and 2 passport size photographs on non granular paper with white to off-white background (No Polaroid Photos accepted)
- Minimum English proficiency requirements: IELTS with at least 5.5/9.0 bandwidth in every component with over and all 6.0/9.0 bandwidth.
- From March 03, 2010, the level at which Tier-4 (General) students can study English language courses at has been raised from level A2 above of the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) for Languages to level B2.
- All Visa fees (now revised by UKBA and accepted by credit cards only
- Click-here, to see the latest foreign currency exchange rates in the open market courtesy: Forexpkdotcom
- Click-here to see the complete fee chart courtesy: FedEx. as a non-refundable UK Student visa application charges
- All of the above mentioned original documents plus the certified / notarized photocopies of applicant’s Passport, NIC card, acceptance letter and all educational docs through FedEx to British High Commission (BHC) in Islamabad.
- A health certificate from IOM verifying that person going for study/work/settlement to UK is not suffering from tuberculosis. Contact main IOM office in Islamabad through the following link: http://www.iom.int/jahia/Jahia/pid/495
- Visa Application forms are only available online at Visa4UK website.
- There is no right of Appeal outside UK for student getting refused in Tier-4 System, however Administrative Review is always there as a second option.
- Appointment is now done online before the submission of visa application form.
- For further details on Tier-4 Point based system, visit www.ukvisas.gov.uk
Last updated: 27/10/2015